The Eneref Institute
Eneref Institute is a research and advocacy organization with four disciplines within its mission centered around environmental and social responsibility; research, reports, recommend and respond. The goal of Eneref Institute is to raise awareness for clear, specific solutions that increase energy efficiency, social responsibility and foster an earth-friendly economy. Primarily our work takes the form of white papers written as turnkey articles for media to excerpt or repurpose. Secondly, Eneref hosts application-specific seminars demonstrating the success of individual case studies. And lastly, Eneref creates industry initiatives as a catalyst for change.
Eneref Institute was founded by Seth Warren Rose in the wake of 9/11 to promote energy efficiency as the best solution to assure ecologically sensible and economically viable global progress. Eneref Institute has offices in Greater Philadelphia, PA, and outside of the US in Germany, United Arab Emirate and Kenya.
Research at Eneref Institute is accomplished by exploring the economic benefits of sustainable advances in various market sectors. We gather and evaluate data from individual case studies; interviewing all stakeholders within the sales channel, from manufacturer to end user. Our work is funded in part by various stakeholders within each market vertical.
Recent facts about Eneref Institute
- The launch of Eneref MESDOI in 4th quarter of 2013 is designed to demonstrate the sustainable growth within the Middle East.
- Eneref Institute 3NetZero program is developing turnkey sustainability and responsibility for numerous industries, beginning with wineries.
- Our white paper on daylighting is published in the nation’s leading lighting engineering magazine LD+A.
- Recently we have been asked by several large utilities to help develop media opportunities to foster their solar thermal programs.
- We are currently charged by senior level Pentagon officers to develop a preliminary report on best practices to simplify solar thermal implementation globally.
- Currently Eneref Institute is working on a white paper in lighting in cooperation with DOE funded laboratories, NREL and PNNL, the University UC Davis, several leading lighting manufacturers.
Today we have numerous initiatives that bring together competing and allied parties to help them collaborate where their interests overlap to promote their mutual pursuits. Solar Thermal Advantage was launched in 2006. “Daylighting” which began in 2013 and our recently launched Erongi People.
“Solar Thermal Advantage” was launched to help the US solar thermal industry, which lacked the wherewithal to organize a common, positive message. Eneref Institute jumped at this challenge, as our methodology was perfectly suited to bring the industry together as a group, and publicize the benefits of the technology to the media. In 2007, we created and self-funded our “Solar Thermal Advantage” initiative. In 2010 we went a step further, and asked the industry to help increase our annual budget for the initiative, and the positive response we received was industry-wide.
Similar to our “Solar Thermal Advantage” initiative “Daylighting” was launched based on our findings and reported in our 2011 white paper examining the obstacles to energy efficient lighting in commercial retrofits, the goal of the “Daylighting” initiative is to help commercial facility managers understand best practices in daylighting, especially once LEDs will become omnipresent. Our “Daylighting” initiative will include collaborations with various media, large lighting manufactures, DOE laboratories, and renowned lighting designers.read more